-
January 8th, 2005, 02:37 AM
#1
Inactive Member
I went to the book store today and decided to take a coffee and read Marisol not buy not after the horrable Kailey book I endded up having to donate it to the library couldn't even sell the thing.
Okay Marisol glad I didn't buy it...one word "um." Reading the book I find it difficult that ANYONE could follow it and I am 32 years old! Going through this very long book one would wonder if he was being paid by the word. The descriptive words make NO sense, shy as a pony..what does THAT mean?? I have never seen a shy pony, skittish maybe not shy. After reading the book and comming home...I am STILL waiting for the book to start. There is NO story line almost twenty pages of the book are discription of nothing. Her father screwing in a light bulb, the size of cookies and black olives vs green olives. Not to mention it felt like I was reading a book done by someone with a split personalty since more then once he would go off on tangents that have absoulty no bearing on the story what so ever. Characters indroduced and go nowhere and do nothing and are in for one chapter. Also the kids around her block are they retarted or something? I have yet to see a ten year old mourning a Popsicle he ate and was unhappy it was gone for hours...that is not entertaining...this kid need serious help. When her father sits down to play jacks with her why then does she bring up her father could touch his head to his knees?? It sounds like this,
"Yesterday I took a ride in the car and saw the country with farms. My mother is a doctor. The farms had cows and horses." I saw myself flipping back in the book thinking, did I miss something? Even checking to see if the book had all its pages. All in all after finshing the book (and like the beginning it had no endding.) I felt like I had eatten a large meal and for some reason I was still unsatisfied.
-
January 8th, 2005, 02:58 AM
#2
Inactive Member
ROTFL! I'm sorry you had to read that, but that was hilarious.
Oh, BTW, you won't see me on the board for a few days. I'll be mourning a popsicle. [img]wink.gif[/img]
-
January 8th, 2005, 03:21 AM
#3
Inactive Member
The book is really bad . I bought it . It is going to be recycled into the charity box real quick ! On the positive side it is good to see a Hispanic family described as middle class . On the negative side- nothing happens . The solution to Marisols problem just seems to happen .
The cat is the thing that bothers me. Himalayan cats are expensive. You do not find a three month old Himalayan kitten out in the rain. Marisol also lets the cat roam outside- in a bad area where there could be pit bulls.
-
January 8th, 2005, 03:24 AM
#4
Inactive Member
I'm sorry you were disatisfied with the book, but your post was HILARIOUS! I'm absolutely dieing (sp?) w/ laughter!... [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/party.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]
-
January 8th, 2005, 03:40 AM
#5
ponydreamer
Guest
I started the book, but haven't finished it. I'll have to do that. I just keep telling myself that it was written for children.
I am kind of drawn by the fact that she is so respectful of her parents. I was a "tag a long" child in my family, and mostly grew up by myself, with my parents. I felt like an only child, and dearly appreciated my parents. The three of them remind me of me and my parents.
Now I'm going to be looking for the section about the ride in the country!
-
January 8th, 2005, 03:54 AM
#6
Inactive Member
I REALLY didn't like the book either; that is one of the reasons I didn't connect with the Marisol doll, and am now exchanging her. It was so very strange...Anyway, very funny review!
-
January 8th, 2005, 05:58 AM
#7
Inactive Member
I kind of did the same thing with the Kailey book. I had heard rumors about her love of the ocean and I imagined what she would be like. Then the book came out and I was disappointed. I have a short memory though so in my mind Kailey is once again the girl I imagined her to be. [img]smile.gif[/img]
-
January 8th, 2005, 09:39 AM
#8
Sail-Away
Guest
Bummer bob.....but loved your post opening! If only you could write a book for her!
I wonder if it reads better in spanish? Maybe the pony thing is a catch pfraze for them? Myabe the fact that her father is flexible is another cultural thing. Wasn't he suppose to be a writer for spanish childrens books?
Well, I can say I have not read any of the LE AGT books. Looks like I didn't miss anything either...... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
January 8th, 2005, 10:38 AM
#9
Inactive Member
Boy, now I feel like some stupid little kid! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]
I loved the book and found it easy to understand. I found the author to be quite clever in his wordings and thoroughly enjoyed it.
-
January 8th, 2005, 10:55 AM
#10
Sail-Away
Guest
Well, littleD, don't feel too aweful bad. Like she said,"she might have missed something."
If you enjoyed the book please tell me what you liked about it. My daughter will read anything her hands can get into them. I would like to know more anout the good and bad things that have been written.
Overall many people didn't like Kailey's book. I figure if it was available in Marina's school library she would have read it by now....
Please don't think anyone was trying to insult you. I sure don't think that is ANYONE'S intention.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks